Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I don't exist.

"Who were you when you were sixteen years old?"

I knew what she meant. What was the name that people "officially" called me in 1959?

"Danny, Donado, Donato, Cove, ...", I started to name what they called me in the past and realize how hard it was going to be to prove that I actually do exist. My friend Pantagleize would ask, "Is it really me?"

It was Annie Addington that reminded me that my first acting teacher at Uconn called me "Don Coviello." Nate Katter was cool and I'm glad he's doing well in New York.

But prove my point and to satisfy the nice lady at Social Security I went back to my old highschool to get 'Danny Coviello's' highschool records.

Milford High School is now the town of "Parson's Complex. " or the what's called 'Government Center.' That's where the Board of Education. is located.

Sure enough, as the letter from the Director of Pupil Personnel Services about me says "Unfortunately during an extensive search I was unable to locate his records" but "he did graduate graduate from Milford High."


Paul Schmidt (left) wears his cousin Danny Coviello's letter sweater that Paul had save for Cove for over 45 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home