Thursday, January 11, 2007

Army Mike

Things have changed since I wrote this.

___________________________

I take back everything bad I have ever said about ex-military.

President Mike used to be Colonel Peters but he is now President Michael Peters of St. John’s College, Santa Fe. He told me he didn’t like titles but even though I only spoke to him for a short time, I have to call him President Mike out of respect. The guy is cool; commands respect; and laughs alot.

He is strong on authority and humble about leadership. It seems funny to have a West Point Grad as President of the very liberal St. John’s College. I think it was an early in this century when one of the College’s presidents said it was the role of the college to simply teach the difference of “fact from fiction.” Something most of the “Johnnies” and liberals I know really need to learn.

---------------------

Now I think it's time for Army Mike to re-learn the difference of "fact from fiction."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home