Friday, December 12, 2014

Free Expression At NM MVD

I went to the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Department to do some business. At the first window I went to there was no one there so I just looked at the business cards laying at the side of the counter.

The woman MVD worker who was suppose to be behind the window was helping someone take a test. She called over and said she "would be right there." Not much to look at at an empty MVD window. Then I thought 'what the heck are business cards doing on the counter this isn't your local mini-mart counter'.

By the time the worker returned I had read some of the cards and ask her , "What's with these cards?"
"I don't know. I don't know how they got there."
I was shocked at the cards contents but not at the right to say what they said.
I took the cards so someone else wouldn't needlessly be insulted or saddened. Both acts; the placement and the removal were acts free speech.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home