Monday, May 30, 2005

Say Nothing.

A Memorial Day Weekend: Quit, Quiet, Quite.

My Wife tells me all the time that I’m an asshole. I tell her back that, “It’s my job.”

“Why bother with those people online. I’m sick of them.” She said referring of course to my blogging buddies in the New Mexican comment forum.

I noticed that the Web Ed. Had taken a couple of days off. I like to think my assholeness contributed to the creature’s burn-out. Or maybe Ed. just quit. Either way, it’s quiet.

It’s always quiet for me when the bureaucrats leave town. Even the plaza was sort of quiet.

I think the best thing for me to do to honor Memorial Day would be… say quite nothing.

2 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD. Coventry has a wife???? The horror.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to think his wife would celebrate Memorial Day. After all, it sounds like she's a veteran who has made the ultimate sacrifice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home