Thursday, July 28, 2005

Under the Radar



I'm sick and tired of hearing that snivelling weasel Eric Zipf of Community TV always take the politically correct line. He's always justifying the lack of support from the city for making the local TV channel a mega power for free speech and expression. This is an example of a conversation I had with him over lunch, which I paid for by the way...

Me: What about equipment?

Him: The city has assured me that we are high on their priority list and that we'll be able to order new cameras very soon.

Me: When did they tell you that?

Him: Time doesn't matter here. I know that the city has our best interest in mind.

Me: When's the last time the station had a budget increase from the city?

Him: Like I said, it's not a question of how long ago. They have been providing me an excellent learning opportunity to be able to provide more and more services each year for the same amount of money.

Me: How do you respond when the reactionary Commie slugs who are on city council claim not to be aware of what you guys do and threaten to cut off your funding.

Him: Now, now. City Council has to set and keep their priorities for the best interests of the whole city. If that means we don't get funded and council decides to instead provide funding to the "community" radio station, who am I to question it?

Me: Funding for community radio?

Him: A few years ago, I did a lot of work on behalf of the city to secure an increase of cable television franchise fees. Franchise fees are a "pass through" that the cable company passes on to subscribers for additional services like public access television. It's probably listed on cable television monthly bills as PEG ACCESS SUPPORT. I think it is an $.11 fee per subscriber per month. Anyway, if the city chooses to use money that is gathered specifically for access television and fund "community radio", they have their reasons and don't have to explain it to me...

Finally, Zipf looks like he's getting fat. I think living off the public dime is agreeing with him. All I know is that he ordered a LARGE Frito Pie that set me back $6.95 when all I had was a dried out hamburger that was on $3 bucks.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Danny, Did you know that someone forgot to turn the sound on public access for last nights council meeting during part of petitions from the floor. I didn't get one word of Page's petition. As you know, petitions from the floor is the most important part of the council. How come you never invited me to lunch?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

I'm sick and tired of hearing that snivelling weasel Eric Zipf of Community TV always take the politically correct line. He's always justifying the lack of support from the city for making the local TV channel a mega power for free speech and expression.

My man, you are at your best when you're being inadverdently funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home