Friday, December 26, 2014

George R. R. Martin: Santa Fe's Evil Santa Claus.

Santa Fe's LARDO Award of the goes to George R. R. Martin.

On Christmas Day, 2014, writer George R. R. Martin,  playing the lead role in his own new stage production The Evil Santa Claus.

What really got to me and depressed me to no end was the photo and story about Martin in the Food Depot's newsletter. Martin went on Prizeo, a crowd funding site and raised a half a million dollars for charity, of which 170 something  thousand dollars went to the Food Depot. "Why should that depress me?", you ask. Because I have been trying to turn Pi Day NM into a benefit for food banks
around the State with meager results and Martin just effortlessly turns his cult following into $177,000.00 in a minute.

My wife says Martin is a "big and powerful man with a lot money" and that I should go see him.
Nurse says he is a "devil worshiper" and that he should be careful. And if my friend Nurse believe he's "not pure" at the moment, maybe I better stay clear of the guy.


I can really appreciate Martin raising all that money to feed people, but I'm not so sure giving more money to save wolves  than save humans is that cool but what ever. I watched on TV Martin say that he wished "people would wear name tags" when they talk to him. He said he remembers everything about the characters he creates but it seems Martin doesn't care for real people.
It made me very happy when Pierce chastised Martin for posing and acting like a"celebrity" and to "get busy finishing his book." Martin responded to Pierce and his ilk with the following video statement:


Since I actually played  football for the likes of Lou Holtz I really can't believe a lardo guy like George R. R. Martin gets quoted about everything from international policy to professional football.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home