Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tit for tat and Fat Cats.

The first person I asked for a donation to my campaign for Mayor of Santa Fe and Governor of New Mexico was Mark Basham, former City Attorney and recent ass-kicking attorney for Wal-Mart. In politics you never get without giving.
"Why don't you donate twenty bucks to my campaign for Governor AND Mayor?"
"Did you know I was running for Probate Judge?" he said.
End of story.

When I saw the calender picture of Fat Bill Richardson and his cat, I just couldn't say anything. I really didn't want to touch it. Fat Bill's weight; his hair; his anti-Arab pro-torture position; his CIA connection and his billionaire greed are all subject to ridicule. But not his cat and certainly not the cat's obesity problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home