Friday, February 08, 2008

Fissy

I had to take down the posts about Star and Luna. My heart inside my chest was exploding. In the "Burning" post below, the photo shows SuperJoel picketing for the underpaid workers. He is flank by Eugenia Butler (left) and her daughter Fissy (on the right).

I just keep burning writings, drawings, pictures and "media" in the fireplace. As I am burning the papers of pleasure and pain it reminds me of lyrics from one of the few songs I wrote during those days in the Berkeley ... "The fire that warms, Your house in a storm, Will cause you to mourn, When it burns your house down." And when I think of Fissy's friendship I repeat the chorus "Sunshine please keep me high, Moonshine don't ever die, Don't ever die."


As I find these pictures of long past relationships what I don't burn in the cleansing fire I'll send to their rightful owners, that's if I can find them. And after my wife reads this blog of mine, I'll probably have to take this post down also but with my two, soon to be, newly broken arms.




Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cove,
I have some photos of you from back in the day that I wouldn't even think of burning. I will be happy to forward them so that you may do as you see fit.
Thanks for posting photos and blogging. The names, faces and places bring tears to my heart.
Love,
Paul

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted you to know that old hearts are capable of newly breaking for Luna...
I am so sorry for all who lost such a cherished comrade, such a kind, true friend.
I'll pray that somehow Star made out okay without her at her side...
"....and by the wind grieved ghost come back again."
Peace my friend.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger NewCakeBaker said...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0999429973/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_k26lCbV1KE6JQ

Here is your Star!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home